A number of PALCI libraries have agreed to extend free reciprocal borrowing privileges to each other's faculty so they may have direct, personal access to materials that are not available at the home institution.
If your institution is participating in this program, you may be eligible to borrow materials on-site from the libraries listed below. To borrow materials from these libraries you must:
- Get an authorization form signed by the circulation department at your home institution's library.
- Bring the completed and signed authorization form to the participating library
- The library will establish a record for you in their system that will allow you to check items out from their library. Additional infomration may be requested to complete the registration process.
- You will be responsible for returning the material to the library from which it was borrowed. Your home institution library may agree to return items to the lending library through interlibrary loan. Please check with your local library to find out their policies.
- Each participating library sets their own policies. Listed below is general information about those policies. You will be financially responsible for the items you borrow. Upon request, the lending libraries should supply you with the details of their policies when you borrow materials from them.